Monday, May 9, 2011

Run

Today I raced home from work (traffic worked in my favour for once!), changed and managed to meet up with my running crew.

I haven't really been running regularly since I ran the 1/2 marathon in October and the longer I went without running the harder it was to get out and go. I knew I would be struggling, and I didn't want to keep them waiting..to ruin their run. I can always think of a gazillion reasons not to run some days...

However...in the last few months my "crew" have been sick, and or on vacation..so this past Saturday I bit the bullet and met up with them. Figuring we would all be starting a little behind. It was a great way to start my day...and my year..it was my birthday :) We ran 10k and I made it....maybe not in record time..but I made it.

Today's run was one of my favourite routes. It's SUPER hilly, but on a quiet country road..it's beautiful. The best part of the run is I feel like a MILLION bucks when I'm finished!

So right now..besides being tired...I feel like a million bucks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment